One of the biggest questions asked by residents of the UK is how they can get a free boiler. With boiler installation costs going up each year, it is increasingly becoming difficult to replace an old inefficient boiler with the latest gas heating boiler. This is where the Government boiler replacement scheme comes into play. In this regard the eco boiler grants have been very successful.
ECO boiler grant has managed to attract people on low income living in fuel deprived areas of the country. Under this government boiler replacement scheme residents can replace their old boiler with the latest highly efficient gas boilers.
So, What’s this Boiler Grant about?
This boiler grant is just not any other home improvement finance scheme. The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) offers an opportunity to reduce UK’s carbon emissions and also help the low income households in upgrading their gas heating boilers. Under this free A-rated boiler grant you can now get the latest combi gas boilers and much more. This scheme offers top brands like Worcester boiler, Baxi, Vaillant and Potterton boilers.
Who can Qualify for ECO Boiler Grants?
Unfortunately, this scheme isn’t meant for everyone, you need to meet the following criteria to qualify for this gas boiler replacement scheme.
You must own a property or rent it privately and have the owner’s permission to get boiler replacement.
You must also be getting one of the following benefits:
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less)
- Working Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit (and you earned £1,250 or less after tax in any assessment period in the last 12 months).
- Extra conditions:
- For certain benefits, one of the following must also apply:
- You get Child Tax Credit and your child’s disabled
- You get Disabled Child Premium
- You get Disability Premium
- You get Pensioner Premium
- You receive a work-related activity or support component – if you’re claiming income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- You are 60 or over – if you’re claiming Working Tax Credit
- You get a limited capability for work or work-related activity element – if you’re claiming Universal Credit
- You get Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment – if you’re claiming Universal Credit.
It is advised that you contact an experienced boiler installation company to help you get a free boiler replacement through the ECO Boiler scheme. Contact Domestic & General Heating, a recognised name in the heating industry to apply for government boiler replacement scheme.